Rude In Public!

Go ahead. Type it out.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

17 Year Old Coked-Out Bitches.


Nothing worse than a mean teenager, except a mean teenager who thinks she's The Queen. This morning at Starbucks (forgive me for plugging Starbucks again, but I can only comment on what I see, and where I am...) this little anorexic harpy was shrieking, literally shrieking at the barristas that she needed A HUNDRED AND TWENTY to-go cups of coffee NOW, because she "had to be at a photo shoot". like that's anybody else's frickin' problem.

They nicely told her they wouldn't be able to accomodate her for at least 10 minutes, best case scenario, as that many cups of coffee would require them to brew a massive amount in the back room that they didn't have at the ready. She stamped her foot and said, "But i TOOOOOLD you, I have to be at a PHOTO shoot. NOW. I am REALLY-REALLY important, and you do NOT want to make me angry." I don't know where this chick got the temerity. Honestly. She wasn't even Paris Hilton.

Suffice to say, I was amazed at how patient and nice they were with her, and steadfast in repeating the same message, despite her rapidly increasing agitation and demands. Finally she said, "FINE! I will take a walk and be back here in NO MORE THAN 10 minutes-- you BETTER have that coffee ready, or you will be VERY sorry." She said that... to people who could potentially put rat poison in her drinks. Then she flounced out, vibrating in hostility and self-righteous indignation. Naturally, I was next in line-- so I felt the need to apologize. Then they tell me- believe it or not-- she did the exact same thing yesterday. And they told her at that time she had to call in advance for an order that big. To which her reply was they were all losers who would never rise above their shitty starbucks jobs and have the kind of power she has.

So, the obvious issues with chickie aside-- here's the thing. someone who's stuck getting coffee for everyone else at a photo shoot? Hardly the bigshot she's pretending to be. And somehow.. the fact that she probably can't even legally smoke and is bawling out the nice 30 and 40 year olds who get up every morning to be at work by 5 to give caffeine to the rest of us... just didn't sit well with me. (Maybe this is what happens when the little girl in Saks grows up.) Bitches man, bitches.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked a video shoot once. Nobody who fetches coffee is important by any stretch of the imagination.

Except maybe their own.

It would be a shame for a leg to find it's way in front of her feet when she's leaving the store with all that coffee...

5:32 PM, June 21, 2006  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

Really bad behavior. Things always heat up in the summer, and today was only the first day.

I once had the pleasure of being on a department store line during Christmas when Lorrie Morgan, the country singer, came in. Ignoring the dozen or so people waiting to pay for their purchases, she went to the saleswoman and demanded to be helped. The woman told her she would have to go to the end of the line. She flounced in place and screamed, Do you know who I am? I am more important than anyone here and I will have your fuckin' JOB if you don't fuckin' take me first.

The saleswoman, to her immense credit, said, I don't care who you are. There is a line. You need to be at the end of it.

Ms. Morgan threw her stuff in the woman's face, knocking off her glasses, and took her evil-tempered self out of there, screeching obscenities and deliberately knocking over several displays on the way.

I'll say this for her, though. At least she wasn't The Coffee Fetcher.

How is it possible to carry 120 cups of coffee anyway?

9:15 PM, June 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

- that bums me out. I always liked lorrie morgan...

9:22 PM, June 21, 2006  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

I think she was drunk so maybe she's nicer when she isn't.

Chanakin's idea sounds like a noble public service if the lovely turns up at Starbucks again. I'd pay quite a lot of money to see that.

9:34 PM, June 21, 2006  
Blogger jali said...

Good of you to apologize for the idiot's behavior.

The errand girl will get hers.

Karma is always waiting.

10:19 AM, June 22, 2006  
Blogger britpopbaby said...

Holy fucking God. I would have smacked that bitch and then kicked her repeatedly until she died. The world just does not need such people and I'm sure her friends and family don't need her much either. Good job I don't work at Starbucks.

11:53 AM, June 29, 2006  
Blogger Cibbuano said...

twist and snap the neck. See, so simple?

4:25 PM, July 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home