Rude In Public!

Go ahead. Type it out.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Guys On The Make.

At a bar with friends. Guy zeroes in.. nice chat ensues...I fancy myself able to surmise he is decently witty, smart and not without a certain critical amount of charm.

Then he says to me, and I quote:
"Yeah, y'know... when guys are sizing up a chick for the first time, y'know, the very first time you lay eyes on someone new... you either think 'I'd do her!' or you don't..... so, since you're in the first category, what are the chances we could go out on a date...?"

Wow.
I'm glad I'm not a guy. I really am. I mean, I guess you have to put it out there.... as it were.... but good lord. Doesn't anybody go on picnics anymore...? or something??

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"a certain critical amount of charm"

Clearly he didn't have enough... you're not supposed to tell a girl that you'd do her until during or after you've done the deed.

3:39 PM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

About as much charm as Jack-the-Ripper. It sounds as if YOU were the intended picnic -- Bring Your Own Body. Good Lord, Indeed.

But what did you SAY to that bit of sparkling repartee?

10:12 PM, July 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually said "yah! sure! There's a chance we could go out on a date...." just to see where he'd go next. Forgive me. I am perverse.
But he did not disappoint:
Next question was this: "So... do you consider yourself sexually communicative?"

...In the immortal words of Mike Myers in "Wayne's World 2"- Ex-squeeze me? Baking soda??!

- Of course, this probably serves me right for having taken it one step further out of rank curiousity... rest assured, my reply to the above was a puckered-lemon-face, "ummm, Noooooo." and a full-body turn-away. I could have continued just to amuse my friends- but at that point, I chose to be done.

1:15 PM, July 02, 2006  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

So many morons, so little time.

4:02 PM, July 02, 2006  
Blogger Cibbuano said...

It's true, we are disgusting.

In our general defense, though, I think that men develop charm only after being ridiculously cheesy/creepy when they're young.

The ones that don't learn from it become perverts, but the ones that do become various versions of Sean Connery and Humphrey Bogart.

4:40 PM, July 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a lot easier when we grunted and just hit you over the head with clubs.

No energy was wasted trying to be clever.

8:25 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Lazy Asian said...

nice shoes...

3:39 PM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger bgeorge77 said...

Cib is right, charm is processed cheese, aged to perfection and decreepified.

10:27 AM, July 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dwash that guy right out of your life.
what a JOKE!!!!!!!

10:40 AM, July 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home